FOR THE BRIE
1) Select a brie that is almost ripe and mature. Slice the brie into 2 equal parts horizontally.
2) Using a microplane, grate 1.5-2tbs of truffles.
3) Mix truffles with 1 cup of mascarpone (at room temperature) and pinch of salt.
4) Spread the truffle mixture evenly on bottom half of brie and sandwich the top half.
5) Wrap the truffled brie in cheese paper or baking paper, and store in fridge for at least 12hrs.
6) Before cutting into it, make sure the brie is taken out of the fridge for at least an hour to let it come to room temperature.
FOR THE TOASTIE
1) Liberally butter the sides of 2 slices of stale sourdough bread.
2) Chopped pistachio and slightly toast them in a pan on medium heat. (Optional)
3) Place the truffled brie and sprinkle some pistachio on the unbuttered side of the bread, followed by sandwiching the top slice.
4) Heat a large pan on medium heat and have a smaller pan ready on the side.
5) Once pan is hot, place the toastie on it and the smaller pan on top of the toastie (this will act like a sandwich press).
6) Cook it for about 2-3mins, and flip on the other side for another 2-3mins. The bread should be brown and crisp, while the cheese is melted in the centre.
7) Remove from pan, cut in half, drizzle some of truffle honey, sprinkle a bit of salt and finish it all off with a final shavings of truffles.